2002 Jul 20 18:52

Re: [vox-tech] Debian Woody Officially Released

Re: [vox-tech] Debian Woody Officially Released

begin Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
> Quoting Peter Jay Salzman (p@dirac.org):
>
> > there is something wrong with your system.   what have you DONE to your
> > poor system?  :)
>
> I personally had little choice but to take his word for it, since even
> the machines I'm most cautious about (like uncle-enzo.linuxmafia.com, my
> main server) went from stable to testing, ages ago.  However, it did
> seem mighty strange.
>
> > if you had 200 packages upgraded last night, something is definitely
> > wrong.
>
> I was thinking that maybe it was a system that got installed using
> an old Debian 2.2/potato CD and hadn't been resynced in a long time
> before the session he described.  Difficult to say.

i'd have to agree, but he indicated that woody has had just a very few
updates in the past couple of months, which is about right.  bug fixes
for ssh and stuff associated with the zlib double free bug and the like.

very strange.

bill, if you can tell me the name (and new version) of any package that
got updated last night, maybe we can figure out what happened.  rick's
idea seems plausible, but 200 packages... you must have last updated the
system a looong time ago!

pete