January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jul 20 01:46

Re: [vox-tech] hold on to your hats - perl vs python

On Friday 19 July 2002 11:49 pm, Micah Cowan wrote:
> ... What is particularly disturbing is the amount of Perl code which
> is not only illegible, but also quite poorly designed...

All programming languages, like human languages, can be (and
unfortunately usually are) used poorly.

To digress a bit... all this discussion about the merits of
different languages is amusing to me.  We might as well
argue over whether English, Russian or Swahili is "better".
Over the years I've become quite language-agnostic.

In the final analysis, doing a good job with any of them is
rare enough, and a thing to be admired.

Cheers and good night.  :-)

-- Rod