2002 Jul 19 23:44

Re: [vox-tech] hold on to your hats - perl vs python

Re: [vox-tech] hold on to your hats - perl vs python

Quoting Micah Cowan (micah@cowan.name):

> Perl's abilities to express things concisely should never be construed
> as a license to write less than blindingly legible code. Unless you're
> obfuscating on purpose.
>
> Readibility is the Coder's Golden Rule.

I'd like to have you standing behind said coders, with said Coder's
Golden Rule imprinted on heavy lead plates, ready to beat them over the
head.  Maybe _that_ will get them to do write readable Perl.  ;->

(Yes, readable Perl is eminently possible.  I just wish it were more
common.)

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                      "vi is my shepherd; I shall not font."