2002 Jul 19 17:19

Re: [vox-tech] Wine and HW access?

begin Ryan <ryan@mother.com>

> > > Arg.... But that will not have support for some of the copy protection
> > > and other closed source bits of WineX.....
> >
> > yeah, that's a good point.
> >
> > tell you what.  the guy who answered my question wasn't REALLY clear
> > about it.  maybe you can glean some info which i glossed over.
> >
> > i had posted a message about the "cd stomper pro".  i was able to design
> > CD jewel case covers and CD artwork, but i couldn't get it to print.  i
> > posted a message in one of the forums about it, and got one or two
> > search utility is like, but hopefully they'll have something which will
> > allow you to find my post and peoples' responses.
> >

> > let me know about your progress.  i'm interested.
>
> http://www.transgaming.com/showthread.php?thread=3972
>
> This isn't too helpful.

well, it's helpful if you understand it.  it just requires alot of
legwork and fiddling.

> Also; I need raw parallel port access, printer
> support (it looks like wine uses CUPS/LPD, etc) isn't going to help me.

not to tell you the obvious, but...

1. have you tried googling for your answer?  i went to google groups and
   searched on "wine raw parallel port access" and saw a few threads
   which might be relevent to your situation.

2. have you tried to post a question to winehq's mailing list?

3. have you tried to get support from the winex forums?  you're
   entitled to free support from transgaming.

considering not many people here have played around with wine, the three
suggestions above seem to be more appropriate avenues of support for
"non-standard" wine questions.

pete