2002 Jul 19 09:38

[vox-tech] hold on to your hats - perl vs python

[vox-tech] hold on to your hats - perl vs python

jeff newmiller got me thinking about switching from perl to python as my
main scripting language of choice.

i'd like to hear the opinions of anyone who has actually MADE the switch
from perl to python as their scripting language of choice.

was python everything you had hoped for?  was there anything you had in
perl that seems to be missing from python?  perl certainly seems to have
a never ending supply of packages, but i understand python is being
developed quickly too.

looking for subjective experience here.  not enumerations of the virtues
of python or perl.

thanks,
pete