2002 Jul 15 00:56

[vox-tech] test messages in general

hi all,

i don't mind test messages at all (these things happen), but there are two
things i'd like to ask:

1. please use the "X-No-Archive" header, which prevents your test
   msg from being archived.  there's no reason to archive test msgs.
   all you need to do is include "X-No-Archive:" in the header.  i don't
   think it needs content.

   in mutt, you can edit your headers using "E" (default key binding).
   i'm not sure how to do it in pine or elm.  if someone knows, please
   let me know.

   henry, is our procmail recipe searching the whole email or just the
   headers?  if it's just the headers, i'm wondering if we should check
   the first line of the body for people who don't use clients that
   allow you to edit headers (or for people who don't know how).

2. i'd prefer if test msgs were sent to vox rather than vox-tech.
   people expect chatter on vox.  i'd like to keep vox-tech clean.

thanks, guys.

pete

begin Dick Ely using JPS-SMTP & POP <dick@davis.com>