2002 Jul 13 14:41

Re: [vox-tech] printer question

* Rick Moen (rick@linuxmafia.com) wrote:

> I recall that Ben Woodard of the late lamented VA Linux software
> engineering department managed to overhaul lpr so that it sucked less --
> and that the result is now independently maintained as GNUlpr:
> http://lpr.sourceforge.net/
>
> You might try that.

Sounds like a plan for me.  I'm using xpdq, and it's OK, but...

I'm getting tired of printing to file from OpenOffice, and other
applications (e.g. my Mac laptop), and then hauling out xpdq to
actually print.

Has anyone on the list had any experience with a Canon (4000) and
either CUPS or lprng?  I gave up on the former, because it wouldn't do
what it said it was doing, and I couldn't figure out how to set up the
latter.

Thanks

Cam

--