2002 Jul 09 11:12

Re: [vox-tech] running service as a different user

Re: [vox-tech] running service as a different user

Hi Patrick:

Can't you use xinetd?  I think it might be what you're looking for.

I think that xinetd just listens on the port and handles the starting of the
server.

Here is a sample of how telnet works through xinetd

service telnet
{
        flags           = REUSE
        socket_type     = stream