2002 Jul 08 18:31

[vox-tech] math.h advice?

I'm working on a couple of C programs for my masters thesis, using a
RedHat 7.2.somethingeruther machine.  I'd like to be able to use functions
like sin, cos, and round, but gcc does not seem to be recognizing them,
even though I've #included <math.h>.  Out of curiosity, I did a search for
math.h, and then used grep to do a search for the patterns "cos", "round",
etc., and came up with nothing.  So I guess it isn't too surprising that
my code isn't compiling.  My question is: what's going on here?  Do I need
to download another version of math.h from somewhere?  Has anyone
encountered this sort of thing before?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

"...for I am like a doctor who cannot give up smoking, or perhaps worse
still, like an ecologist who cannot give up his car..."
                               --Reg from Douglas Adams'
                                 _Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency_