2002 Jul 06 20:17

Re: [vox-tech] Question: mod_dav.1.0.3 + apache.1.3.26 and CR/LFissues w

Re: [vox-tech] Question: mod_dav.1.0.3 + apache.1.3.26 and CR/LFissues w/ MacOS+MSWin

ME writes:

 > > You shouldn't use extensions at all - you should be basing it on the
 > > MIME type, no? (for receiving, that is - not sending, where the MIME
 > > type will be based on the extension anyway).
 >
 > I did not want to have it adjust all text/* files because some (uu, hqx,
 > etc) may be better off not modified. This allows me to specify which
 > text/? to map over to alter. I may change to text/* over the long term,
 > but for now, extention specific seems to work rather well 8-D

You can't harm uu or hqx encodings by altering the EOL sequence; they
are ignored - they are specifically designed to be impervious to
changes in the EOL sequence. And HTTP takes advantage of this by
allowing text/* foramts to use any EOL sequence (appropriate for the
encoding).

-Micah