January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jul 06 20:33

Re: [vox-tech] Making mouse button function as meta or other modifiers?

On Saturday 06 July 2002 09:55 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> keyword: mouse, button, buttons, wheelie, scroll
> XFree86 3.x can't do this.  thankfully, XFree86 4.x can.   see the
> manpages for clarifications.  here's what i do for my 7 button mouse on
> lucifer:
<snip>
> hth,
> pete

Yes, but do those buttons do anything?

I have the buttons themselves working, but I want to make one of them
function as a meta key/modifier, although ctrl or alt would be fine too.

> begin Ryan <ryan@mother.com>
> > It would be very useful if I could make my extra buttons function as
> > modifiers.

This was, in fact, the point of my post.

--
Windows 98 is so intuitive that you need only 9.8 megabytes of help files!