2002 Jul 06 13:32

Re: [vox-tech] Question: mod_dav.1.0.3 + apache.1.3.26 and CR/LFissues w

Re: [vox-tech] Question: mod_dav.1.0.3 + apache.1.3.26 and CR/LFissues w/ MacOS+MSWin

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Micah Cowan wrote:
> That reverse conversion shouldn't be necessary. But I don't count
> linebreak transliterations as content modifications, especially since
> they're probably allowed.

Jeff pointed out that having bi-diretcional support might be a good idea
in case I should ever want to edit them on a server or re-export them with
another service. I figured it would be work my time too. :-)

>  > In addition to parsing being set to use only explicitly included extention
>  > names, it also only works on clients by their offered name - so if the
>  > clients ever get "fixed", the routine for this can be removed/changed and
>  > left to the client to deal with appropriately.
>
> You shouldn't use extensions at all - you should be basing it on the
> MIME type, no? (for receiving, that is - not sending, where the MIME
> type will be based on the extension anyway).

I did not want to have it adjust all text/* files because some (uu, hqx,
etc) may be better off not modified. This allows me to specify which
text/? to map over to alter. I may change to text/* over the long term,
but for now, extention specific seems to work rather well 8-D

-ME