2002 Jul 04 12:40

Re: [vox-tech] Re: supermount

begin Ken Bloom <kabloom@ucdavis.edu>
> I seem to recall reading on alt.os.linux.mandrake that supermount is
> purely a mandrake thing - you can get the mandrake kernel sources from
> their ftp site in the kernel-source package.
>
> I also did a search on google groups for "supermount vanilla" and found
> a patch for vanilla kernels available at
> http://www.geocities.com/alexismikhailov/supermount.html
> (so maybe it's not purely a mandrake thing, but it does need a patch)

cool.  thanks.  it was hard finding anything on supermount that didn't
have the word "mandrake" attached to it.

> What use did you find for supermount?

for games.  i use transgaming/winex for some games on my linux box and
often you need to change CD's to install a game.  sometimes you can
switch to a virtual console, umount and mount and sometimes you can't.
sometimes you can't escape a "filesystem in use" error.   using fuser
kills winex of course.

supermount is the answer.  :)

pete