2002 Jul 01 16:28

[vox-tech] GIMP and 8-bit GIFs

I need to create some images for some old software that can only handle
8-bit graphics (GIF87).  I've been messing with the GIMP, trying to create
things in the right format, and am getting a little frustrated.  Can
someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks,
Alex

"...for I am like a doctor who cannot give up smoking, or perhaps worse
still, like an ecologist who cannot give up his car..."
                               --Reg from Douglas Adams'
                                 _Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency_