2002 Jun 30 16:52

[vox-tech] ATA 100

I've been using hdparm call for some time now: hdparm -X66 -d1 -u1 -m16
-c3 /dev/hda with no problems.  I originally go this from a really nicely
written oreillynet.com tutorial which can be found here:
http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2000/06/29/hdparm.html

Anyway, my question is: what is the similar call appropriate to an ata100
drive?  I didn't look very hard, but I didn't find anything that answered
this question.  I wonder if the version of hdparm I'm running supports
ata100?  I'll have to look that up too.

To make it simple: what's the best way to maximize performance of an
ata100 drive hdparm, or otherwise?

Dave