2002 Jun 28 09:38

Re: [vox-tech] Part Way Into X

hi jim,

believe it or not, in a sense, nothing is obviously wrong.  X is prolly
working just fine.

for whatever reason, you're not running a window manager or desktop
manager.  this is what X looks like when she's completely naked and
exposed.

i'm not familiar enough with redhat to know how to get your previous
configuration back.  there are many different ways to get a win manager
and/or desktop manager running.

in the meantime, to kill it, just do ctl-alt-backspace as usual.

what does your $HOME/.xinitrc contain?

what does your $HOME/.Xsession contain?

what happened recently that might have changed your system?

send me the contents of startx 2>filetosendpete

hth,
pete

begin Jim Angstadt <jimajima9@yahoo.com>

--
Isn't it funny that our president is ok with having every inbred yahoo
armed to the teeth but is against arming our pilots with even a stun gun?