2002 Jun 26 17:55

Re: [vox-tech] web server question

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Rod Roark wrote:
[chop]
> <VirtualHost *>
>   ServerName    freshandsassy.org
>   DocumentRoot  /usr/local/apache/www1
>   <Directory   "/usr/local/apache/www1">
>     Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
>     AllowOverride Limit Indexes
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
>   </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
[chop]

You know? I have always placed by <directory> directives outside each virt
host container so that all of the directory containers are grouped
together.

However, after looking at yours listed above, I think I will change to use
the above as it is more readable and just makes more sense.

Thanks! (It is a good idea!)

On the use of the "*", I have multiple interfaces each having multiple IPs
and find explicit IP addresses work better for me, but would expect the
"*" works well for most other cases and especially well if DHCP or some
other change to IP addresses should occur.

-ME