2002 Jun 26 23:34

Re: [vox-tech] robots and mindstorm

No experience, but I thought you might want to know I read an article
about some guy writing his own OS for the Mindstorm because he thought the
software wasn't taking enough advantage of the hardware.  I think it was
The Robot Magazine (www.robotmag.com), and the article is from about two
to three years ago.  I *think* he used gcc under Linux but I don't
remember.  What he worked on may be what LegOS is now
(legos.sourceforge.net).  I'd look for the article for you except I'm not
anywhere near my magazine collection right now.  The article went through
quite a bit of the hardware details and interesting tidbits on memory
management and other things.

-Mark

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> does anyone here play with lego mindstorm?
>
> let me rephrase that -- does anyone here play with lego mindstorm *under
> linux*?  i assume there are open source tools to download the firmware
> and program the RCX.   i'd like to chat about your experiences.
>
> pete
>
> --
> GPG Fingerprint: B9F1 6CF3 47C4 7CD8 D33E  70A9 A3B9 1945 67EA 951D

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/
PGP key available upon request.