2002 Jun 24 10:55

Re: [vox-tech] rpmverify

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 08:33:22PM -0700, Matthew Holland wrote:
> concentrate on the excerpt from the man page for rpm.
[...]
>         The format of the output is a string of  8  characters,  a
>         possible  "c"  denoting a configuration file, and then the
>         file name. Each of the 8 characters denotes the result  of
>         a  comparison  of attribute(s) of the file to the value of
>         those attribute(s) recorded in the database.  A single "."
>         (period)  means the test passed
[...]
>         5 MD5 sum differs
[...]
>         T mTime differs

  Okay cool.  This is the legend I needed.

  As I recall most of the files had either T or 5 codes and were
tagged with the 'c' option.

  I'll keep this in mind next time I'm having problems with a Redhat box.

> I've never used rpmverify, but here's the usage "documentation", such as
> it is.  Looks like maybe this is meant to fill the role of the script I
> suggested above, and then some.
[...]
> Verify options (with -V or --verify):
[...]
>    -a, --all                     query/verify all packages

  Yes it does... I used the options "-V -a" and like 30 minutes later it
had spit out 200 or so lines...

    Thanks,
      Mike