2002 Jun 21 12:37

Re: [vox-tech] What's needed for 3D support?

Re: [vox-tech] What's needed for 3D support?

begin Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com>
> Arrrgh.

heh.  we've made progress.  you know have DRI working.  you now have the
xlib/mesa libraries installed.   you can't keep having successes and
have this still not working.  it's gotta work at some point!

> What did next (with Gentoo) is set a flag telling it I
> have a 3dfx card, and then rebuild xfree (and an associated
> glide3).  That gives me a tdfx_dri.so.

great!   needless to say, we're talking about X4, right?  glide3 is
required for X4, glide2 is required for X3.

> Now, running glxinfo (or tuxracer) produces this message:
>
> "gd error (glide): grSstSelect: non-existant SSTgd error (glide): grSstSelect: non-existent SSTSegmentation fault"

bleah.  not familiar with this.

> Seems like something is out of sync.  One thing I noticed is
> there's also a "voodoo3" flag that you're supposed to set if
> you have that card -- do you think I should treat my banshee
> as a voodoo3?

i remember that under X3, banshee cards were configured the same way as
voodoo3 cards.   i know this because i had a voodoo3 card under X3.

i haven't have a voodoo3 since i started using X4, so i'm not exactly
sure what the deal is under X4.  however, i'm willing to bet it's the
same.  definitely try configuring it as a voodoo3.

pete