January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jun 21 10:42

Re: [vox-tech] What's needed for 3D support?

Re: [vox-tech] What's needed for 3D support?

Arrrgh.

What did next (with Gentoo) is set a flag telling it I
have a 3dfx card, and then rebuild xfree (and an associated
glide3).  That gives me a tdfx_dri.so.

Now, running glxinfo (or tuxracer) produces this message:

"gd error (glide): grSstSelect: non-existant SSTgd error (glide): grSstSelect: non-existent SSTSegmentation fault"

Seems like something is out of sync.  One thing I noticed is
there's also a "voodoo3" flag that you're supposed to set if
you have that card -- do you think I should treat my banshee
as a voodoo3?

-- Rod