2002 Jun 21 01:19

Re: [vox-tech] setting up 2 ethernet cards

On Friday 21 June 2002 12:11 am, Paul Barnhart wrote:
> I'm setting up a new "always on" box (DSL router/firewall, webserver,
> mailserver, fileserver, X10 controller, weather station monitor, etc)
> and I want to use 2 identical pci ethernet cards. My problem is, how can
> I _guarantee_ which card will be eth0 and which will be eth1.

The usual sugguestion is for your firewall to be just a firewall and as
little else as posible, but it's up to you, just be careful/

> Any suggestions?

Plug them in, and figure out which is which. They will be the same on
subsequent boots.

--
The package said "requires Microsoft Windows 95 or better" - I don't
understand why it doesn't work on my pocket calculator!