2002 Jun 21 18:33

Re: [vox-tech] 2 dhcp servers, one box

I think you can configure dhcp to give out of 2 different address ranges
based on the network the request came in on. Check out the man page for
dhcpd.conf.

I just checked and I'm running isc's dhcpd

hope it helps...
-doug

Here's the syntax (base on my dhcpd.conf and your information):

server-identifier houston;
default-lease-time 86400;
max-lease-time 172800;
option domain-name-servers	192.168.16.15;
option domain-name	"mrdoug.com";
option subnet-mask	255.255.255.0;
subnet 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0{
	range  192.168.0.20 192.168.0.30;
	option broadcast-address		192.168.0.255;
	option routers		$ip_of_the_nic_for_this_network
}
subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0{
	range  192.168.1.20 192.168.1.30;
	option broadcast-address		192.168.1.255;

--

Today, Matthew Holland spewed forth: