2002 Jun 19 21:25

Re: [vox-tech] request for hardware info

Re: [vox-tech] request for hardware info

Check out this review.
http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2002q2/shuttle-ss50/index.x?pg=1

It only has 2 PCI slots, but it also has built in
surround sound, integrated video, NIC, USB, S-Video
out, Firewire.

On the handle part, I know of several people who with a
drill and hw store handle added a handle to existing
cases successfully.

-sp

On Wed, 19 June 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote

> i'm currently looking at flex-ATX motherboards so we
can build a new
> lugod demo machine that we can port around very
easily.

> actually, i'm looking for flex-ATX or smaller (if
smaller exists.  i'm
> not very knowledgable about non normal ATX stuff).
>
> requirement: at least a PCI slot (will be used for a
video card), mobo
> supporting fairly fast PIV, PIII or AMD XP.  onboard
sound, ethernet,
> IDE,  serial, parallel, standard DIMM slot.
>
> nice: AGP slot, riser for 2 or more PCI slots, more
than 1 DIMM slot

> looking for a case with a handle that we can carry
the computer with.
> case must handle a floppy, bay for 3.5 hard drive and
a cdrom/dvd drive.

> prolly other things we're looking for, but i'm just
in the process of
> taking the data down.  will sort through it shortly.
>
> i'm devoting the next few hours to look.  if anyone
knows of anything
> which might fit the bill, can you email me?  i'm
making a comparison
> table which mike simons and i can make a decision on.
>
> pete
>
> --
> GPG Fingerprint: B9F1 6CF3 47C4 7CD8 D33E  70A9 A3B9
1945 67EA 951D