2002 Jun 19 13:43

Re: [vox-tech] Pardon me, but...

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 06:43:58PM -0400, msimons@moria.simons-clan.com wrote:
> > How do all these pieces fit together?
>
>   Slowly.  VERY Slowly if you run one of the more complex desktop
> environments.  Try starting up just an xterm in twm and will miss
> the whole think on modern hardware.  Try starting up KDE or Gnome Desktop
> on something that is 5 years old and you might as well get lunch while
> you wait.  :{

bleh.  The above block rewritten to more what I thought I typed:

  Slowly.  VERY Slowly if you run one of the more complex desktop
environments.  Try starting up just an xterm in twm and you will miss
the whole thing on modern hardware if you blink.  Try starting up KDE
or Gnome Desktop on some 5 year old machine and you might as well get
lunch while it starts.  :{