2002 Jun 16 17:54

Re: [vox-tech] debian apt-proxy

Quoting Mytho-X (Mytho_X@pacbell.net):

> Has anyone setup apt-proxy?  I need a few pointers  I set it up
> yesterday morning and I was trying to do a new install from another system.
> On the computer I am trying to install debian woody on I keep getting
> the message cannot install <package x> where x is the .deb file it is
> trying to install.
> I get this wether or not I choose the debian fpt/http site, the
> apt-proxy computer or from cd-rom.  It just may be I have an old install cd.

First of all, let's be clear about the nature of your problem:  If
you're saying that your Debian system cannot fetch packages from the
Debian on-line mirrors or CD-ROMs, then it has a serious fundamental
system problem.  That is separate from any problems you might have with
apt-proxy.

So, are you asking for help fixing the machine that can't install
packages, or are you asking for help configuring the apt-proxy machine?
Judging from your account, the apt-proxy machine may be operating just
fine, and you have no particular reason to think that it isn't.

On the machine that can't install packages, what messages do you get
back when you type "apt-get update"?  Does package x have an entry
in that machine's /var/lib/dpkg/available file?  If so, what does the
entry say?

--
Cheers,   The difference between common sense and paranoia is that common sense
Rick Moen     is thinking everyone is out to get you.  That's normal; they are.