2002 Jun 12 17:03

[vox-tech] IDE RAID

Has anyone successfully used a Promise Fasttrack raid
controller with Linux, actually using its raid 1
feature?  I was trying to get it working with Red Hat
7.2, using the Promise binary-only driver for that.

As you may have guessed, I'm not having much luck.

I'm also wondering if there's any reason to think it's
faster than Linux software raid.  After all, there's no
CPU in the silly thing.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/