2002 Jun 10 14:07

Re: [vox-tech] [web-dev] Setting website icons?

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 12:26:35PM -0700, David Margolis wrote:

> so what tools can be used to create this ico?  can you just create a 16x16
> gif and convert it with something?

Like I said, it's been a while.  I believe KDE comes with an editor or
converter or something.

I also think there's a NetPBM-style tool available, too, so you can
do something like:

  giftopnm icon.gif | _something_ > favicon.ico

I forget what the "_something_" part is. ;)

I can check when I get home, if you'd like.  I'm fairly sure I've got
that stuff installed there.  (Debian/Woody w/ KDE)