2002 Jun 07 12:03

Re: [vox-tech] missing init; system unbootable

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 12:36:47AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> word up, ryan.  how did you manage this one?    :-)

I don't know. :-(

> try looking at initrd.

The manpage is too much for me this late...

It seems to still be where lilo says it should be (/boot/initrd.img)

I do have another box with the same distro (mandrake 8.2) so I can probably use netcat
to copy any needed files over my lan, like that time when I deleted the partition I had
/boot on after moving my root filesystem to a new partition.

And... What the heck is 'mount: error 6'