January 6: Social gathering
2002 Jun 06 13:34

[vox-tech] another php question

suppose i have a set of data files -- for example, "mustang.dat",
"camaro.dat", "beetle.dat", "jeep.dat", etc.

the data files are all in the same format:

   car name
   years of production
   dry weight
   blue book value

and i have an html document:

   Click on your favorite car:
   <UL>
   <LI><A href="mustang.php3">mustang</A>
   <LI><A href="beetle.php3">beetle</A>
   </UL>

mustang.php3 and beetle.php3 are basically the same thing.  they simply
read a file and display its contents, formatted in html.

is there a way to pass a variable to a php3 href so i can have one file
that does a reading, but with an argument of which data file to read?
something like:

   Click on your favorite car:
   <UL>
   <LI><A href="display_stats.php3" arg="mustang.dat">mustang</A>
   <LI><A href="display_stats.php3" arg="beetle.dat">beetle</A>
   </UL>

can i do this sort of thing with php3?

pete