2002 Jun 03 13:45

Re: [vox-tech] xlib/gdk questions

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 01:35:14PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i think this is the source of my confusion about global versus local
> colormaps.
>
> program A has a colormap of 256 colors.  program B also has its own colormap
> of 256 colors.

Yeah... SOrry about that.  I didn't really explain global vs. local.
(I never deal with this these days, obviously :^) )

I think when you do local colormap, it gives you what it can, or a
'best fit' color, if there's no more room to alloc. colors.

-bill!
(not as 'leet an Xlib hacker as most think :) )