2002 May 31 20:44

Re: [vox-tech] Change mail host, lose e-mails?

Re: [vox-tech] Change mail host, lose e-mails?

Regardless of forwarding, it seems to me there will inevitably
be a period of time when some of a given user's unread mail
will be on one server and some of it on another.  Even some
mail that the user has read will need to be preserved.

So either already-received mail needs to be copied over (this
is not the same as forwarding), or the user needs the ability
(briefly, not for weeks) to connect to both servers.  This
can be automated with most mail clients -- someone has to do
it, but it's just an administration task like many others.

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/