2002 May 29 18:07

Re: [vox-tech] VNC Screen Geometry Settings

Re: [vox-tech] VNC Screen Geometry Settings

Ever since 3.3.3r4 (I think) scaling has been standard.  In a
newer client you should be able to click on the icon on the top left of
the windows to see a menu.  Scroll down the menu, pan out the sub menus --
there should be a scaling option so that you can view it at say 1024x768.
Yes, this makes most text illegible, but I was under the impression that you
just wanted a scale. You could also click on the option of the vncviewer for
Win9x and there is a scaling option there.  I would recommend an integer
ratio. (I don't think it allows anything else) If you want it full screen
then you can start the server accordingly to account for the ratio you want.
Shouldn't be that much intensive math involved to get what you want.  Just
remember you are working in 2 dimensions so that 1600x800 is 2*2 or
4 times larger then 800x600.

Sincerely,
	Christopher J. McKenzie

	cjm@ucdavis.edu