2002 May 29 17:38

Re: [vox-tech] VNC Screen Geometry Settings

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 10:13:28AM -0700, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 12:41:00PM -0400, msimons@moria.simons-clan.com wrote:
> > - What operating system is on both ends?
>
> Server:		Red Hat 7.2
> Client:		Windows 98SE

> > > Is there a way in tightvnc to "scale down" the output display so
> > > that I can see my 1600 x 1200 display shrunk down to 1280 by 1024
> > > without truncating the display at all?
> >
> > - Have you tried panning the display by bumping the mouse against the
> >   edge in the direction of "truncation"?
>
> I have, and it does work, and the scrollbars are there.  But, as I
> mentioned to Bill, I suffer from chronic laziness.  I'd much rather have
> the full display on one screen than have to pan around or scroll around.

  I have recently done some tests here.  If you switch to fullscreen mode,
the panning should operate as I explained, (bumping the mouse against the
edge of the screen pans in that direction).  The scrollbars are only
available in window mode.  To toggle a running session you hit F8 in
a running session and select the option in the menu (with the xvncviewer
anyway).

  If this panning method is undesirable, could you try adding a second
user to your server side with the same UID as the main user, but with
a different home directory, and let me know how that works?