January 6: Social gathering
2002 May 29 09:42

[vox-tech] VNC Screen Geometry Settings

I've been attempting, unsuccessfully, to scale the output from my vncserver to match my client.  The display on the computer running the server is set to 1600 by 1200, but the monitor on the computer where the client is running is set at 1280 by 1024... so as a result, the client's output is truncated.  I've attempted to start vncserver with the -geometry 1280x1024 option, but while that sets the server's output display properly, many of the programs that run on that computer are set to a larger display, so they get truncated.  I honestly hope that made sense.

Is there a way in tightvnc to "scale down" the output display so that I can see my 1600 x 1200 display shrunk down to 1280 by 1024 without truncating the display at all?  I've looked through the command line options for both vncserver and vncviewer and nothing seems to be appropriate, nor have I been able to track down the answer on www.tightvnc.org.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com