2002 May 29 09:26

Re: [vox-tech] truetype fonts under gnome

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 11:51:46PM -0700, nbs wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 02:43:43AM -0400, msimons@moria.simons-clan.com wrote:
> >   I'm interested in the delay problem you are having... if you are _not_
> > restarting the xfstt process you shouldn't have problems.
>
> I'd check to see if xfstt is running.  If it is not, I start it, then
> I restart X.

  xfstt shouldn't be aborting, it's supposed to start up and stay up
(like apache).  I've glanced around the source code and don't see any
logging mechanism, so to figure out what is happening on your system
to hurt xfstt I would need you font pack (from /usr/share/fonts/truetype)
or access to your machine.

> > -  What things are you doing when you notice lag or the session vanishing?
>
> Clicking on the Terminal or [Gnome Foot] -> Programs -> Utilities -> Font Sel.

  I've tried repeating this step about 20 times, and can't reproduce a
problem here, I installed the msttcorefonts and that single additional
Garton font you were having a problem with.  If we can figure out
what is causing xfstt to go away that will fix your problem...