January 6: Social gathering
2002 May 26 22:15

Re: [vox-tech] any way to spy on a process's environment?

May 25,Shawn P. Neugebauer wrote:
> > Does anyone know a way to peek at the environment of a processes, e.g., a
> > daemon?
>
> sure, "cat /proc/PID/environ" where PID is the process ID.

That's the best way for sure. Once in a while this is handy
too: ps ewww (note there's no hyphen in front of the args,
that means something completely different. The ps command
line is a shambling mound of conflicting paradigms).

Cheers,

Chuck

--
Software is not like construction. When was the last time you
heard of an upside-down wall fitting causing an entire building