2002 May 16 22:58

Convert Ext2 to Ext3 (was: Re: [vox-tech] Partition resizing)

Convert Ext2 to Ext3 (was: Re: [vox-tech] Partition resizing)

You can add a journal to an existing ext2 filesystem with tune2fs.  E.g.

    tune2fs -j /dev/hda1

There are other journal settings that can be set with the -J option.
See the tune2fs manpage for details.

Matt