2002 May 16 22:28

[vox-tech] Partition resizing

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with a machine I originally partitioned fairly
evenly.  I need to turn it into a fileserver with as much disk space as
possible allocated to one partition.  Currently I have 10 gigs of free
space on /usr, 10 gigs of free space on /var and 8 gigs of free space on
/home.  I was wondering if there's an easy painless way of reclaiming
the free space these partitions aren't using by resizing them and
putting that space onto one fileserver partition like /fs or some such
thing.  Preferably without having to back everything up on separate
media and wipe the drive and restore the filesystems on a different
partitioning scheme *shudder*.

I'm running Debian testing.