2002 May 16 17:16

Re: [vox-tech] X errors when running opengl hello world program

Re: [vox-tech] X errors when running opengl hello world program

begin Gabriel Rosa <grosa@ucdavis.edu>
> On Thu, 16 May 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > hi all,
> >
> > i had inspiration to take a couple of hours out of today and learn
> > some opengl basics.
>
> feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions.

i was going to call and ask if i can come over, but i figured i'd do it
the hard way for starters.  :)

i alloted myself 3 hours today, but they're being eaten up by this
problem.  i could use lucifer instead of satan, but i can't put
something down when i know there's  a problem with it.

> > i *know* DRI is working because quake3 runs on this machine with no
> > issues that i know about, along with a whole bunch of other loki games.
> >
> > i compiled gabe's "example1" from his opengl lugod talk, and here's what
> > i was greeted with (it's fatal):
>
> uh oh, someone is actually using my code :)

heh.

> > i'm pretty stumped.  i'd like to learn opengl, but i have no idea how to
> > get the example program to run on this machine.
>
> are you running woody? I just checked, and my examples compile cleanly
> under woody (and run too).

yeah, woody.  the tdfx module is the DRI module for 3dfx cards (but only
voodoo 3, 4, 5) under X 4.x.   i'm not sure this would be so much of a
woody problem as it would be a woody's xfree86 package problem.   or, it
could be neither.  :)

bleah.  this blows.

pete

ps- to the automount guy, i don't know anything about your problem
either.  i have an aversion to automounting.  i'm a control freak.  ;-)