2002 May 14 17:01

Re: [vox-tech] Demo machine motherboard doesn't like > 64 Gig drives

Re: [vox-tech] Demo machine motherboard doesn't like > 64 Gig drives

2 days ago i put an 80GB drive into satan.  when bios started looking
for drives, it always hung when it tried to autodetect this drive.

i tried everything i possibly could to get the machine to boot with this
drive installed.  nothing i did worked.

i put the drive in lucifer (much newer machine).  it detected the new
hard drive just fine and booted up with no problems.

i partitioned the drive and made the filesystem on lucifer, then put the
drive back into satan.  this time around satan's bios was able to detect
the drive just fine and it booted up flawlessly.

pete

begin msimons@moria.simons-clan.com <msimons@moria.simons-clan.com>