2002 May 13 17:25

[vox-tech] Firewall/NAT not working too well, Suguestions?

[vox-tech] Firewall/NAT not working too well, Suguestions?

I'm currently connecting to the internet via a box running Mandrake Single
Network Firewall and I want to try something else.

I was thinking of installing Debian and putting together my own
NAT/Firewall/DNS box, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Here's what I need:

1) NAT
2) Port Forwarding
3) FLEXABLE Firewall
4) Easy addition/deletion of port forwarding/firewall rules
5) DNS

I currently don't know netfilter, ipchains or iptables (is iptables ==
neftilter?)

I would prefer to install a firewall distro.

Some links to good howtos, general hints, experiances with firewall distros,
etc would be very helpful.