2002 May 07 08:12

Re: [vox-tech] create news server

i've used the leafnode package (www.leafnode.org).  it's simple and
designed for your situation (small # of users at the bottom of the
news hierarchy--it gets news using the same protocol, NNTP, as your
news reader).  there are other such simple news servers.  the
key issue for you if you use this approach will be getting access to a news
feed with the groups you want.  in the past, there were pay services
for this; i'm not sure what the situation is like now.

shawn.