2002 May 06 08:58

Re: [vox-tech] bash question

mark,

i think i just stumbled onto the answer as you were typing your email.
you must have been sending me extra sensory perception messages.   :-)

i THINK this will work:

if [ "$DISPLAY" == ":0.0" ]; then
	# Kill the capslock key
	/usr/X11R6/bin/xmodmap -e "remove Lock = Caps_Lock"
fi

that is, i believe xmodmap will only execute when the non-login shell was
executed under an X server running on the same machine as the non-login
shell.

pete

begin Mark K. Kim <markslist@cbreak.org>