2002 May 06 08:13

[vox-tech] bash question

i have an xmodmap that i'd like to be run when the shell is executed
from a non-login shell under X.

i thought it would be something like:

   if [ "${TERM}" == "xterm" ]; then
      shopt -s checkwinsize
      xmodmap -e "remove Lock = Caps_Lock"
   fi

but this suffers from ${TERM} being "xterm" when i ssh in from another
machine running X.

how can i test for "if this shell is being run from X server running on
a THIS machine"?

pete