2002 May 05 17:20

[vox-tech] mandrake question

hi all,

does mandrake and/or redhat come with an integrated partition
splitter/resizer?

please don't tell me about what partition splitting options there are
out there.  i'm just asking if mandrake and redhat have a tool
integrated into their installation system that allows a person using
full-disk windows to split their disk into 2 partitions and install
linux.   ideally, something that would be easy to use to someone who
didn't even know what a partition was.

if the answer is yes, does said integrated tool handle NTFS and/or dos?

i'm asking for a friend who is going to try out linux.  i recommended
mandrake, and wanted to tell him what to expect during the install.  if
there exists no such tool, i'll redirect him to fips which has always
treated me vedy vedy well.

thanks!

pete