2002 Apr 30 09:27

[vox-tech] Does the SMTP server matter?

Hi,

I'm probably going to answer this question myself (with this email) but:

When I send an email to vox-tech, does it matter which smtp server it comes
from?  Or does it just matter which email id it comes from?

For example, I have a domain "heyjay.com", its NOT hosted, but I'm doing DNS
with zoneedit.com (dynamic dns service).  Zoneedit lets me create email ids
and then I can set those up to be forwarded anywhere.   I'm in the process
of finding a new Host for my business, so I figured I'd use they're smpt
server, but my heyjay.com email id.

Does this make any sense?

Jay