2002 Apr 23 17:19

[vox-tech] breakinguplongwordsinlatex

Is there a way to force a string to break at a certain length,
regardless as to whether it contains spaces?

In other words, some data being printed into columns of a table
word wrap ok, because it's multiple words:

   This is a really long spaced
   entry for the column

Others mess up the table (a longtable with specifically assigned widths):

  Thisisareallylongspacelessentryforthecolumn

Any way to just force that 2nd kind of text to break at the column's
width?

(The data really should be changed, but that's not up to me,
unfortunately. <:^(  )