2002 Apr 23 11:30

[vox-tech] My Wayward RH Box

Thanks to everyone who sent me suggestions and ideas yesterday regarding
my RH box that seems to have crashed three times within a 24-hour
period.  I played around with it last night, and it appears to have
maintained an uptime of about twelve hours now, a significant
improvement.

I deactivated the screen saver, and simply left it on "blank screen".
That appears to have helped.

Also, executing df -h indicates that the root filesystem was at 100%
capacity.  I removed a few minor rpm's that I didn't need, and am now at
99% capacity; I need to figure out how to increase the size of the root
partition, or move some more files off that partition and onto another
monster unused partition that I have set up.

I ran a pretty complete hardware diagnostic on the machine under Windows
(because, I'm afraid, I'm more familiar with the hardware maintenance
tools under Windows than I am with the hardware maintenance tools under
Linux) and couldn't find any problems there.

Thanks again to everyone. This is a great list!

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

MSN:  underpope@hotmail.com