2002 Apr 21 22:15

[vox-tech] tabula rosa

Greetings:
I had Linux Redhat installed on one of my harddrives.  My wife wants windows back on her machine since she is used to it and hates change.  I reformatted my harddrive and tried to install the foresaid operating system but come up with the following on the monitor:

EZ-BIOS:    Initializing...
EZ-BIOS:    Hold the CNTL key down for Status Screen or to boot from floppy...
EZ-BIOS:    Continuing startup...

GRUB

Of course this is after I initiated the installation and restarted the computer.

I have a lot to learn about computers.  I know that GRUB is from linux and I also know that this EZ-BIOS is software that I used to load an OS on this harddrive before but what I dont understand is why didnt this info disappear when I reformatted my harddrive?  Is there another way I can remove said info from my harddrive?

Jim